Use the online Sporting Schools Grant Acquittal form to provide details on:
- how you spent Sporting Schools funding (including receipts);
- any unspent (residual) funds; and
- the number of participants, including total and by demographic.
Before you complete your acquittal
- Review the Program Parameters and Terms and Conditions to ensure your school has spent the funding on supported costs.
- Ensure your school’s nominated contact (Sporting Schools Coordinator, Finance Contact or Principal) completing the acquittal has all necessary information prior to accessing the form.
NOTE: Acquittals need to be completed and submitted in one session as the form cannot be saved.
STEP 1 – Access the Acquittal Form
Acquittals can only be completed online through your school’s profile as each acquittal is pre-populated with details related to your Sporting Schools program and funding.
A registered school contact (Sporting Schools Coordinator, Principal, or Finance Contact) can:
- Open a web browser and navigate to www.sportingschools.gov.au
- Login using their Sporting Schools username (email address) and password;
- Click on the ‘Manage Grants’ tab and scroll to ‘Grant Application Acquittals’;
- If your school is eligible to acquit a term, select ‘Start Acquittal’
STEP 2 – Program Participation
- Select whether you delivered at least one sport during the term (Yes or No), then click 'Next'.
NOTE: If you did not deliver (‘No’), select a ‘Non-Delivery Reason’ from the drop down list and add a comment. You will then be directed to the Summary page as there are no program expenses to acquit.
STEP 3 – Funding Details
- Review pre-populated Grant Details, Program(s) Nominated in Grant Application and Confirmed Sport Packaged Bookings
- Enter Participant Totals in the Sporting Schools program during the acquittal period for:
- Number of students
- Number of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Number of students with disability
- Number of students who speak a language other than English at home
STEP 4 – Program Expenses
- Review Program Expenses pre-populated from the Booking System, if necessary, click ‘Edit’ to change the amount for a pre-populated item.
NOTE: You cannot change any other detail or delete a program. Enter '0' (zero) as the amount for any listed program that did not run.
- Enter your program expenses by sport
- Click ‘Add Expense Item’ to enter your program expenses
- Repeat until you have entered all expenses for the term
- Click ‘Add Receipt’ to upload copies of receipts or other evidence of expenditure supporting the expense items entered.
NOTE: You can attach multiple files if required. Individual files cannot exceed 5MB in size and should be saved in one of the following supported formats: PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF. Attaching at least one file is mandatory.
STEP 5 – Summary
- Review the School Details, Financial Declaration and declaration statements
- Tick to confirm the information provided in your acquittal is correct and your acceptance of the declaration statements
- Sumbit your acquittal
NOTE: When your acquittal is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email which outlines your acquittal details. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Sporting Schools on 1300 785 707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once submitted, you will not be able to access or amend your acquittal. If you require any amendments to be made, please contact Sporting Schools.
Remember - please do not return any funds to the Sporting Schools program until you receive an invoice as it includes payment instructions.