Use the online Sporting Schools Grant Acquittal form to provide details on:
- Program participation for the school term;
- Funding details including participant totals; and
- Program expenses including receipts and calculation of any unspent (residual) funds.
NOTE: If your school did not deliver a program during the school term, you are still required to complete an acquittal.
Before you complete your acquittal
STEP 1 – Access the Acquittal Form
Acquittals can only be completed online through your school’s profile as each acquittal is pre-populated with details related to your Sporting Schools program and funding.
NOTE: Acquittals need to be completed and submitted in one session as the form cannot be saved.
A schools nominated contact (Sporting Schools Coordinator, Principal, or Finance Contact) can:
- Open a web browser and navigate to www.sportingschools.gov.au
- Login using their Sporting Schools username (email address) and password;
- Click on the ‘Manage Grants’ tab and scroll to ‘Grant Application Acquittals’;
- If your school is eligible to acquit a term, select ‘Start Acquittal’
STEP 2 – Program Participation
- Select whether you delivered at least one sport program and/or requested sport package booking during the term (Yes or No), then click 'Next'.
NOTE: If you did not deliver (‘No’), select a ‘Non-Delivery Reason’ from the drop down list and add a comment. You will then be directed to the Summary page as there are no program expenses to acquit.
STEP 3 – Funding Details
- Review pre-populated Grant Details. If your Grant Details are incorrect, contact Sporting Schools Funding
- Review pre-populated Program(s) Nominated in Grant Application and Confirmed Sport Packaged Bookings.
- Enter Participant Totals in the Sporting Schools program during the school term for:
- Number of females
- Number of males
- Number of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Number of students with disability
- Number of students who speak a language other than English at home
NOTE: You do not need to enter the Total Participants as this is calculated for you by adding your entered female and male participant numbers.
STEP 4 – Program Expenses
- Review the Spending Fact Sheet for information on the types of expenses supported by the Program.
- Collate relevant evidence of expenditure including receipts and invoices. Scan copies of evidence so they are ready to be uploaded.
- Enter your program expenses by sport
NOTE: You need to upload at least one file to proceed to the next section and submit your acquittal.
To provide expense details related to confirmed Sport Packages via the Booking System:
- Review pre-populated Program Expenses
- Click the button and select ‘Edit Booking’ for each Sport Package delivered
- Enter the $ Amount (ex-GST) based on the total amount in the relevant invoice.
NOTE: You cannot change any other detail or delete a program. Do not edit the $ Amount field for any listed program that did not run (total amount is zero ‘0’).
To provide details on how your school spent the Grant:
- Click ‘Add Expense Item’ to enter a program expense
- Select Sport and Expense Type from the drop down list
- Enter Supplier, a brief description of the expense, Expenses Amount (inc-GST) and select if GST is applicable. Click Submit.
- Repeat until you have entered all expenses for the term
To upload Expense Item Receipts:
- Click ‘Add Receipt’
- Enter a brief description of what the evidence is
- Click ‘Choose File’ to upload copies of receipts or other evidence of expenditure supporting the expense items entered
NOTE: You can attach multiple files if required. Individual files cannot exceed 5MB in size and should be saved in one of the following supported formats: PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF. Attaching at least one file is mandatory.
- Click ‘Next’
STEP 5 – Summary
- Review the School Details, Financial Declaration and declaration statements
- Tick to confirm the information provided in your acquittal is correct and your acceptance of the declaration statements
- Submit your acquittal
NOTE: When your acquittal is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email which outlines your acquittal details. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Sporting Schools on 1300 785 707 or [email protected].
Once submitted, you will not be able to access or amend your acquittal. If you require any amendments to be made, please contact Sporting Schools.
Remember - please do not return any funds to the Sporting Schools program until you receive an invoice as it includes payment instructions.