In partnership with more than 30 national sporting organisations (NSOs), Sporting Schools coordinates sporting organisations, coaches and teachers to deliver sport before, during and after school hours. Schools can apply for funding to deliver a program with one of our NSO partners each term. Upon registering, schools nominate a Sporting Schools coordinator and they are kept informed, through email updates, about any new program or website features.
Sporting Schools provides a program for primary schools and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools.
How it works for schools:
- Register your school via Sporting Schools website
- Apply for funding
- Book your program via the Sporting Schools Booking System
- Run programs using nationally endorsed products
- Provide feedback
The program also offers:
- Easy access to quality online sporting resources and lesson plans
- A connection with the Playing for Life philosophy, where children are encouraged to have fun by focusing on ‘skills not drills’
- Details for coaches about schools within their local community
- Stronger links between children and local sporting clubs
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and coaches
Visit the Sporting Schools website to see some example case studies.