Before schools apply for funding they need to:
1. Be registered. Please complete and/or ensure your school is registered via the Sporting Schools website;
2. Meet funding eligibility requirements;
3. Review program parameters and terms and conditions; and
4. Check the application open dates for each term.
Step 1 - Access the Application
A registered school contact (Sporting Schools Coordinator, Principal or Finance Contact) can:
- Open a web browser window and navigate to www.sportingschools.gov.au
- Log in using their email address and password
- Click on the ‘Manage Grants’ tab
- If your school is eligible to apply for funding Select ‘Start Application’
NOTE: If you are a combined school, first go to the Grants tab and choose from Primary School or Secondary School.
NOTE: If you are having trouble accessing the application form, please check that your school meets the eligibility requirements and please DO NOT re-register. You can contact our Client Support Centre firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 785 707.
Step 2 - Application Form
- Enter the number of students enrolled in P-6 at your school, or review and confirm/update the figure where this has already been entered.
- Click ‘Continue’ to progress.
- Provide an overview of how the funding will be used to meet the key goals of the secondary school program
- Provide an overview of the students that will benefit from accessing the program.
- Click ‘Next’ to progress.
NOTE: Need help with this step? Click here.
Step 3 - Program Details
If your Primary School is eligible and wants to apply for special circumstances Select ‘Yes’
NOTE: Special circumstances funding is available for special schools, schools in regional and remote locations, schools with students with special needs, schools located in indigenous communities and schools with students that identify as ATSI.
Primary Schools are then required to enter a numerical value of how many students in total will participate in the Sporting Schools program for the term e.g. 30.
- Click ‘Add Program’:
- Click the drop down menu and select a sport from the list
- Enter the number of students expected to participate (numerical value only)
e.g. 24. Where 24 students will participate in all four sessions. Each session must have a minimum of the same ten (10) participants and the same participant must have an opportunity to take part in each session (four sessions)
- Enter the number of sessions you would like to run (numerical value only)
- If you would like to run more than one sport, Click ‘Add Program’ again until you have added all of your programs.
- Click ‘Continue’ to progress.
Step 4 - Summary
- Select 'No' or 'Yes' to indicate that, if your application is unsuccessful, you approve your school's contact details being made available to the sports you have requested in your grant application to get more information about running a program using your own funding.
- Tick ‘I Agree’ to confirm the information provided in your funding application is true and correct and you accept the programs terms and conditions.
- Click ‘Submit Grant Application’
When your application is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email which outlines your application details.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact our client Support Centre on 1300 785 707 or email@example.com.